Thursday 26 December 2013

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Day One

I threatened singing, and singing we will have.  The twelve days of
Christmas is an old traditional song which began as a chant and
evolved over the centuries into the version we know now.
 
It all kicks off on 26th December, St Stephens Day and goes right
through until 12th Night, the Eve of Epiphany.
 
This is the Chateau Long Dog version so anything could happen.
Bring sandwiches (turkey of course) and a change of underwear.
 
 
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
A partridge in a pear tree.
 
 
A platinum and diamond eternity ring.  And ....
 
 
..... the latest Long Dog (Rain Dance) to put beneath the tree.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wish my true love would bring me Long Dog Samplers beneath the tree. ;-)
    Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day, and let the twelve days of singing and revelry commence!

    ReplyDelete