Wednesday 30 July 2014

Raiding party - Long Dog style!

The Border Reivers were infamous gangs of raiders
who terrorised the Anglo-Scottish border from the late 13th century
up until the beginning of the 17th century.

Reivers at Gilnochy Tower, they were after beef for the McDonalds!
 
They helped themselves to anything they fancied
from jewellery to hostages, cattle to cutlery
and a few other liberties as well - eh ladies?
Perhaps they were the orignal "bit of rough".
 
Today you have left me no choice but to follow their wild,
lawless example and go raiding on the internet
for anything Long Doggy I could find.
You're always so reluctant to send me photos of WIP,
despite numerous requests, so if the mountain won't
come to me (so to speak) then I shall go to the mountain.
 
 
Bagatelle (stitched by an unknown needle, it wasn't Louise 'cos her
frame's not blue) is the first collection
of "borders" to be stuffed hurriedly into my swag bag.
 
 
After that I crept up behind little Tommye when she wasn't
looking and made off with a photo of her Jardin de Plaisir.
 
 
And despite having Tyler's lion on guard not even
little Tamra's handiwork was safe from the Long Dog reiver.
 
 
I even ended up with a piece of old French lace which took my
fancy.  So now I'm off to look for hostages and I have
quite a list - Sean Bean, Cillian Murphy,
Michael Caine, Danny Dyer, James Cassidy (you should see him
in his kilt) and old Uncle Tom Cobley and all!
I'm coming boys, brace yourselves!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment