Monday 14 July 2014

Have you seen the muffin man?

Do not approach this man, his muffins are past their eat by date!

Why?  Because I could do with a good muffin, that's why.
 Go at once to the naughty step, bad girl Julia, will you never be serious?

Anyone can join in.
 

New participants in this game of skill should definitely be intoxicated,
 although slightly deranged will do at a push,
and able to stand on one leg with a pint of beer balanced on their heads. 
That's only for starters.  Now here comes the difficult part -
you have to do a series of squats without spilling a drop.
The least soggy person wins and gets to drink what's left.
Bravo Jacqueline, you have such strong knees for an author.

Three - two - one - you're back in the room and the mad woman has gone.

Looks like Paradigm Unfinished to me but I've no idea
who the cat is.
 
How are you stitcher's all?
After a sweltering day yesterday it's business as usual again here 
- coming down stair rods, overcast and with a stiff breeze. 
Oh to be in England now that the end of the world is nigh. 
How goes the war by the way?
Still fighting you way resolutely through Bagatelle or even
Kell's Kritters and wishing you'd never started the darn thing
in the first place?  I know the feeling - you should see
some of the treats I have in store for you - they're huge!

I definitely need to be recumbent to watch this!
 
 
You find me ever so slightly bored today and casting round
for something diverting and amusing to do. 
So far I have found nothing so I may have to go onto the Amazon site
and do a little impulse buying to bring good cheer into my life. 
 DVD's seem to be the thing at the moment as I've got a little portable player
which I can quietly view in my room and it works admirably. 

Wouldn't you know it, the weather's even
worse in Narnia!
 
 
Lay flat on back (or at a slight angle should you prefer). 
Balance said player on chest/stomach, insert disc, push START
and away we go for a couple of hours. 
It's better than visiting Narnia as it doesn't involve bending double
and clambering about in the back of dusty old wardrobes looking
for the exit sign.
 
 
Looks like someone made an "apology" that
they'll need to apologise for.
 

I seem to have said a lot in terms of word count but very little
(better make that nothing actually) when it comes to hot cross stitch
gossip or even some of the lukewarm, second-hand variety.
But I make no apology as I lent the pattern to a friend and
they never returned it.  That's friends for you.

No one should look this cheerful in the morning.
 

To-day's top tip:  Always use a low fat spread on your muffin because I
think you'll find it's cheaper and doesn't sting as much as butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment