Saturday 16 February 2013

When icicles hang by the wall ...

and Dick the shepherd blows his nail .... why all Shakesperian today (Love's Labours Lost Act V Sc II look it up Alice, didn't they teach you anything at that posh school), because I've just woken up to the second ice age, that's why.

 
Witness the Chateau through a web darkly.  Did Asteroid DA14 strike while I slumbered because yesterday was almost balmy and today it's more like Vladivostock on a good day.  However, nestled in an exceptionally protected corner I did find these little harbingers ... of what I'm not precisely sure but their presence did bring cheer even though I nearly froze my socks off taking the picture for you ungrateful band of ne'er do wells.
 
 
And now for the more intellectual stitchers (or those who have actually bothered to read today's quote in full) I have to enquire of Joan whether the new shampoo did anything to help with the problem and Marian dear has the balaclava worn back to front eased your suffering just a tad?
 
 
It's teaser time ... here's old Hare Apprent himself complete with Shakesperian nosegay and Richard III crown which they found under a supermarket car park in Leicester along with his bones which had been there undisturbed since his death at the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485, but that's another story obviously.
 
 
This little bird is here to tell you that it won't be long before Kell's Kritters will be revealed in all it's glory to an unsuspecting public.  Who said "About bloody time too" - was it you Sharon.  I must find out how to bar these common Essex types from our blog once and for all.
 
 
In case you should ask, this is what I'm up to at the moment.  It's just in the prototype stage right now and your guess is as good as mine as to when it will hit the streets.  What thinkest thou prithee?
 
No, I haven't finally gone mad and started sewing with string, I'm just leading you gently into today's burning question - "How long is a piece of STRING?"  Click on the link at the beginning of this blog to find out.  All I can tell you is that it's much longer than a breirol and without a doubt more diverse and colourful than a pronkrol.  Intrigued?  I do hope so, see you there perhaps.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment