Friday 28 March 2014

Let's get this show on the road!

It's almost time for me to up sticks and move on again.
Rather like a royal progress in days or yore
when the monarch would put himself/herself about a bit
and partake of the hospitality of subjects the length and breadth of the realm.

They had a lot of style in those days.
 
My plan is remarkably similar but on a rather less grandiose scale.
No need for flunkies, ostlers or between stairs maids,
my trusty kinswoman is all that's needed to launch me on my merry round.
 
Nice to see a few locals have turned out to see me off.
 
So this coming Sunday, which is also coincidentally
Mother's Day in the UK, I will be bundled into the
trusty Land Rover along with my various goods and chattels
and transported to the east bosom of my clan.

I hope they don't put me in the dungeons again this time.

To the notorious Castle Long Dog which is situated not far from the Queen's
country estate at Sandringham (we'll be practically neighbours)
and buried deep in the mosquito ridden fens and marshes of Norfolk.
Note to self: Pack insect repellent.

I must warn him that the French like to eat pigeons.
 
Must dash as there's packing to be done,
last will and testaments to be written should things not turn out as planned
and pigeons to be dispatched to the Chateau with fresh instructions
for the serfs of what needs doing in my continued absence.


Rodney - I don't quite know how to break this to you .....
 
Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye ......
happy landings and all that stuff. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment