Tuesday 7 January 2014

Here's one I prepared earlier .....

.... just in case I should be rushed into hospital on new year's
day, severely dehydrated and completely exhausted.
Rock bottom is not a nice place but it's given me time to
think so as my strength returns there will be some massive
changes to make to my life and the nice thing is -
the only way is up now!

I may not be posting quite so frequently as of late but post I
will and I'm trying to get a new design ready for the
end of the month, so please be gentle with me (as the
actress said to the bishop) - there's life in the old girl yet
and plenty more scrapes and adventures yet to come!

WARNING
Today's post may contain flashing images, rude words
and content of an adult nature.
Camilla, I only said "may" - it was not a promise.
Bad girl!
 
 
Over the centuries samplers have been used not only as motif aide memoirs
or as a way to introduce young people to the genteel art of sewing
but also as a means of getting a covert message across, be it religious,
political or just downright rude as in the above example.
 
 
The work of Major Alexis Casdagli has to be my all time favourite.
 
 
What a great guy, what wonderful spirit and the best sampler
message ever stitched (in morse code around the border):
 
"God Save the King" and "Fuck Hitler"
 
For once I don't think Long Dog will even attempt to go one better.
 
 
 
 


2 comments: