Saturday 2 August 2014

Gone to seed

Our little Louise has been keeping things from me
so I have had to apply the thumbscrews to parts of her
anatomy in my search for the truth!  And this is
what I have discovered, under torture, and would like to share with you.

 
Some of you may have noticed that this is the third change of photograph - I blame Louise 100%.

Not only does she cross stitch till her hands ache and her
eyes water (at least I think that's what's causing it),
she's also into embroidery too.  Isn't this just stunning?

After cranking the thumbscrews up a few more notches
she finally divulged that this design is by Catherine Howell,
comes in kit form and is called Gone to Seed.



I have to confess that I have never come across this very
talented designer before and so I set off in search of further
information.  She's English born (as are all the best designers)
but currently residing down under with all the marsupials
and redbacks.  I wonder if she's knitted herself a joey yet?

She literally weaves wonders with threads, textiles and
colour which, with the addition of a secret ingredient
known only to herself, makes her work both memorable
and unique.  What more can I say?
Have a butchers for yourself, pictures speak a thousand
words after all.

 
Glorious!
http://catherinehowelldesign.wordpress.com/
 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment