Wednesday 5 December 2012

Wheels on fire ....

I must stop singing that or I will begin to flashback to driving with my handbrake on again!  The reason for all this frivolity is - crash of cymbals, roll of drums, this way my new motor comes ... inevitably there were problems but on this occasion I'm not going to bore you with them as no blood was spilled and no-one's honour was called into question, although it did come close at one stage.


Please welcome if you will Chalky III - Citroen Berlingo van extraordinaire. (No more adverts today I promise).  I've always been a commercial vehicle sort of a girl, none of your fancy Jaguars or BMW's for me.  (I lied, that's another two ads I've just slipped in under the radar).  In fact in my youth I had some of my finer moments in the back of vans - sorry, too much information, what must you be thinking?



As you can see, we're going for the "make do and mend" style of decorations this year here at Chateau Long Dog - we'll make do with these for the moment and at some point I'll get round to mending the others.
 
 
Now for all you serious sewers who have to put up with my ramblings to get to the cross stitch bits here is my progress with the Token.  For some reason this photo has come out with a pale blue background but never mind. 
 
 
This one's all blue too - I must have hit a filter switch by mistake.  Where did I put the camera instruction booklet although I don't know why I bother 'cos it's all in French.  This next photo is for my big sister who worries that I'm not eating properly - last night's menu Guineafowl Surprise (I thought I'd defrosted a piece of chicken) with all the trimmings.
 
 
Now dear friends I must take my leave of you.  Camilla is waiting in her Land Rover and we're off for some serious road racing.  No Mary-Sue you can't come along for the ride, this is not for the faint-hearted - we even turned down The Stig!.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment